Toddler Feels Abdominal Pain For Months, Then Mentions He Swallowed A Bobby Pin - Baby Bellies and Beyond
Sunday , February 25 2018
Home / PARENTING / Toddler Feels Abdominal Pain For Months, Then Mentions He Swallowed A Bobby Pin

It was all so strange. A 4-year-old boy was taken to the hospital after experiencing pain in his upper abdomen for a month. The boy admitted to his parents and doctors that he had swallowed a bobby pin weeks before. The boy had previously been diagnosed with a urinary tract infection but his condition did...

The post Toddler Feels Abdominal Pain For Months, Then Mentions He Swallowed A Bobby Pin appeared first on LittleThings.

Toddler Feels Abdominal Pain For Months, Then Mentions He Swallowed A Bobby Pin

It was all so unusual. A Four-year-old boy was taken to the hospital after experiencing ache in his higher stomach for a month. The boy admitted to his mother and father and medical doctors that he had swallowed a bobby pin weeks earlier than.

The boy had beforehand been identified with a urinary tract an infection however his situation didn’t enhance. He started to get fevers and chills. Doctors believed the bobby pin would move by his system. However, when an X-ray was carried out they found the bobby pin was lodged in his kidney and had begun to rust.

“Children actually start exploring the world using their mouth as soon as they are able to pick up objects,” stated Dr. Yasmin Abdulaziz Yousef, who handled the boy.

“We have treated a few patients with complications due to swallowed disk batteries as well, but I have never encountered a foreign object that perforates the bowel and gets lodged in the kidney in my practice before,” Dr. Yousef stated.

The physician surgically eliminated the pin and the boy was capable of get well with out some other points. While Dr. Yousef stated it’s virtually unattainable to stop toddlers from exploring the world by way of their mouths, they will preserve small objects away from them.

“Toys that have small parts cannot be given to children under the age of 3,” Yousef stated.”Toys operated by disc batteries should have a battery cowl that’s screwed in place.”

He says that if a toddler seems to be choking or wheezing for no cause, mother and father ought to search medical consideration because it’s potential they could have swallowed or inhaled an object.

Please SHARE this story with your loved ones and pals on Facebook!

The put up Toddler Feels Abdominal Pain For Months, Then Mentions He Swallowed A Bobby Pin appeared first on LittleThings.

Check Also

Twins Turn Different Colors. Years Later, Teachers Tell Mom They Don’t Believe They’re Sisters

Marcia and Millie Biggs looked almost identical when they were born in July 2006. But within a few months, parents Amanda and Michael noticed some interesting changes taking place. Millie’s skin and hair grew darker, and they thought the same would happen to Marcia. Instead, Marcia’s skin and hair became much lighter. While she inherited...

The post Twins Turn Different Colors. Years Later, Teachers Tell Mom They Don’t Believe They’re Sisters appeared first on LittleThings.

Leave a Reply