By: Trisha Novotny firstname.lastname@example.org #1 I’ve had days and weeks that I take a look at my calendar and thought, “How did I possibly all...
By: Trisha Novotny email@example.com
I’ve had days and weeks that I take a look at my calendar and thought, “How did I possibly allow it to get so full of all these To-Do’s and To-Go’s?” Full of appointments, commitments I mentioned YES to, actions my children have to attend and lots of different issues that stuffed up my schedule, solely to now be fully overwhelmed with how will I do all of it? How will I be at three locations without delay? Then I ask myself, “How do I avoid a repeat of this scenario in my mom world?” My reply.
Have you ever drug three children throughout a car parking zone within the rain, up an elevator, down a corridor, and within the door of your physician’s workplace, solely to search out out you will have arrived a half hour late to your appointment and now should reschedule? But, you’re constructive they informed you 10:30, not 10:00! Or, perhaps your days appear to replenish one after the other, and your calendar appears to be uncontrolled, by no means having any down time, by no means having time to organize for the commitments you will have made, by no means sufficient time for your loved ones or for you?
1. Use solely ONE calendar/planner.
2. Check your calendar/planner day by day. I exploit day by day pages to maintain monitor of the place I have to go, what I have to do, who I have to name, even what’s for dinner that night time.
three. Look on the BIG image – don’t say sure or schedule one thing in your calendar simply because the day is free. Look at your total week to see the way it will have an effect on your week by including in another factor.
four. Learn to jot down BIG in your calendar it will provide you with the mild reminder that day is full.
5. Carry your calendar/planer with you in order that when in want you possibly can rapidly confer with it.
6. Write the whole lot down – don’t depend on your reminiscence.
7. Mark off days/time for household, mates and also you.
Do you will have an info binder? Comment and share your binder concepts with the 24/7 MOMS
Time Waster: If I had been to decide on one space that I waste a few of my valuable time – it must be browsing the web , I’m certain I may justify all of my clicking from weblog to weblog and website online to website online however in all actuality it could SUCK my time up if I’m not cautious. What is your TIME WASTER? Chatting on the telephone for limitless quantities of time, these weekly even day by day TV exhibits you possibly can’t pull your self away from or perhaps its studying unsolicited mail and skimming through catalogs that you’ll by no means even order out of.
We can simply get caught up in our time waster behavior not even realizing how a lot time we’ve got truly misplaced..
1. Set a Timer and restrict the period of time you utilize in your behavior
2. Do TWO issues without delay – Such as put on a head set whereas chatting on the telephone so you possibly can fold laundry, clear out a drawer or cabinet, cook dinner dinner and many others whereas on the telephone. Or While watching TV fold laundry, set up your receipts, clear out your purse and many others. – at all times suppose what else may I be doing.
– Keep a observe pad in your automobile. While being the MOM taxi or operating my errands it appears I at all times consider issues I would like to recollect. So, I can simply write them down on my pad of paper, then tear it off and take it to my desk to be positioned on my grasp lists.
– Use DAILY planner sheets to prepare your days. I exploit the day by day pages from http://www.thebusywoman.com/. These pages have sections for priorities (To Doʼs), Appointments, To Be known as, Chores, Menu, and Notes. Each Sunday I sit down and fill these out so I’ve in writing what my week will entail. And, preserve the forgetful MOM syndrome underneath management.