The Labour Party has chosen late Friday night to announce information of a shadow cupboard reshuffle which features a promotion for Clive Lewis, ...
The Labour Party has chosen late Friday night to announce information of a shadow cupboard reshuffle which features a promotion for Clive Lewis, not too long ago cleared of a declare of sexual assault.
The Norwich South MP resigned over the celebration’s Brexit stance in February of final 12 months however is to be made a shadow Treasury minister.
Lewis got here beneath investigation by the Labour Party in November after an official criticism accused him of groping a girl on the celebration’s annual convention final month.
The allegation was made by a celebration member who mentioned she was assembly the front-bencher for the primary time after they hugged and gave her “bum a giant squeeze”.
The MP informed the BBC on the time: “I understand how I roll. I don’t squeeze ladies’s buttocks. They are mendacity or they’re mistaken.”
He was later cleared by the celebration.
Also on the checklist is Paula Sherriff who was PPS to Jon Trickett till January 2016 when she resigned.
The full checklist of appointments is:
- Shadow Minister for Pensions – Jack Dromey MP
- Shadow Minister for Labour – Laura Pidcock MP
- Shadow Minister for Planning – Roberta Blackman-Woods MP
- Shadow Minister for Social Care and Mental Health – Paula Sherriff MP
- Shadow Minister for Buses – Matt Rodda MP
- Shadow Minister for the Treasury – Clive Lewis MP
- Shadow Minister for the Treasury – Lyn Brown MP
- Shadow Minister for Fire – Karen Lee MP
- Shadow Minister for International Trade – Judith Cummins MP
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office – Chris Matheson MP
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office – Laura Smith MP
- Shadow Minister for International Development – Dan Carden MP
- Shadow Minister for International Development – Preet Gill MP
Speaking of the brand new appointments, Jeremy Corbyn mentioned: “I’m happy to make these appointments to strengthen Labour’s frontbench crew, which is now a Government in ready.
“I look ahead to working with them of their new roles holding the Government to account, creating coverage to remodel our nation and, with their Shadow Secretary of States, getting ready to kind a Government that can ship for the various not the few.”