posted in Products & Prizes
Wet/dry bags (zip-up pouches with a waterproof lining) are one of those parenting accessories you may not realize you need until you get one. Then all of a sudden a million uses occur to you. Naturally, they’re handy for holding wet/dirty diapers. But they’re also great for isolating wet post-pool swimsuits, potentially drippy snacks, breastpump parts and other could-be-messy items.
Our very favorite wet/dry bags have 4 qualities:
* Cute fabric
* A waterproof lining that doesn’t leak or drip
* A handle so you can hang the bag to dry or keep it handy
* A separate pocket for dry items
That said, sometimes we’re willing to compromise on these items for a cute pattern, or some other special quality. Here are some of our favorite options.
1. Skip Hop Grab & Go Wet/Dry Bag: Arguably the most popular wet/dry bag on the baby market, Skip Hop’s bags have everything you want: a snap-shut handle at the top of the bag (if it’s on the bag’s side, everything tips out if you don’t have the bag zipped), a waterproof lining, and a separate zippered pouch on the front of the bag to keep dry items dry. (Skiphop, $12)
2. Bumkins Wet/Dry Bags: The company best known for its bibs and diapers also makes wet/dry bags with some of the coolest patterns out there. Case in point: This groovy Wonder Woman number, one of Bumkins DC patterns (there are also Superman and Batman bags). (Amazon, $13.55)
3. Planet Wise Wet/Dry Bag: Lined with an antimicrobial fabric that does an amazing job with keeping odors in and mildew out, these terrific bags have it all: an extraordinarily sturdy and firmly sewn-on mesh handle that unsnaps so you can wind it around anything, a leak-proof lining, and a separate zippered pocket that keeps dry items corralled and safe (we use ours for our phone at the beach). (Bedbathandbeyond, $20.99)
4. Itzy Ritzy Travel Happens Wet Bag: At 11 x 14 inches, these bags are big enough to hold a day’s worth of used diapers, every family member’s swimsuit, even your phone and tablet. Unfortunately, these bags don’t have a handle for hanging, but the fabric does retain its brightness no matter how many times you wash it. (Itzyritzy, $17.99)
5. Itzy Ritzy Travel Happens Large Sealed Wet Bag: The jumbo version of Itzy Ritzy’s regular-sized bag also lacks a handle, but it’s big enough — 14 x 17 inches — to handle a swimsuit and a towel, several changes of kid clothing, or a laptop in need of shielding. (Itzyritzy, $21.95)
6. Pottery Barn Kids Aqua Mermaid Wet/Dry Bag: It lacks a handle, but can be embroidered with your child’s name or your family monogram for $9.50 extra. If you fall in love with this fabric, PBK also makes backpbacks, toiletry bags, lunch bags, and other items in the same design. (Potterybarnkids, $14)
7. Bebe au Lait Grand Wet/Dry Bag: Bebe au Lait’s bags come with a snap-equipped handle, so you can hang this bag anywhere: a towel rack, your steering wheel. We also like that the Bebe au Lait handle is nice and wide. If you wind up walking up a beach with this thing swinging from your wrist, it digs in a lot less than a bag with a skinnier handle. (Bebeaulait, $20)
The post 7 great wet/dry bags and why you need a bunch handy appeared first on BabyCenter Blog.