posted in Products & Prizes
Traveling with kids can be amazing. You’re spending long stretches of quality time with your child, showing her new things, having new experiences as a family. But when you leave home, you leave your stuff. And leaving all the things that keep your child safe, contained, and entertained, makes it harder for you to get around, get your child to sleep, and keep her from wandering into danger.
We know a few things that can help.
1. JetKids BedBox: If you travel regularly, you may have seen kids scooting through the airport on ride-on suitcases like the Trunki. The BedBox is also a ride-on suitcase — it’ll handle kids of up to 77 pounds, and pack enough for a weekend — but it’s possibly even more useful when you get on the plane, where it turns your plane seat into a bed. Take a look at how it works:
The only downside of the BedBox? It’s expensive. But with its nice neutral design, it might last you longer than the typical ride-on suitcase styled to look like an animal or fire truck. (Jet-kids, $169)
2. Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome: Parks are great. Grandma’s house is great. Going to visit your friends, great! But where are you supposed to put the baby? Here! Here’s the place. This light — 13.8 pounds — and petite little portable dome folds into a flat package with a carrying handle, and takes the place of giant “travel” cribs and heavy play yards, both of which are serious overkill for infants. Here’s how it works.
You can use the On-the-Go Baby Dome for a baby of up to 12 months. And you will! You will. (Walmart, $64)
3. Mountain Buggy Bagrider: You’re already rolling your suitcase through the airport — wouldn’t it be great if your child could just hop on top and ride along? With the Bagrider, he can. The rolling suitcase has a kickstand, seat, and safety straps that pull right out of cleverly designed compartments. You can use it as a regular suitcase, or pull out the gear to hold children from when they can sit up unassisted (about 4-7 months) all the way up to 33 pounds. Now that’s a smooth way to travel. (Mountainbuggy, $99.99)
Need something more? We write frequently about travel products on the BabyCenter blog. Here are two more travel gear posts, and the products they cover:
* 10 cool products that make summer travel easier
* Top 10 items that help make holiday travel with kids a cinch
* Babybjorn Travel Crib Light
* Skip Hop Zoo Pack
* Boba Air
* Stokke Flexi Bath
* Quinny Yezz
* Britax Car Seat Travel Cart
* Kids Fly Safe Travel Harness
* Itzy Ritzy Travel Happens Wet Bags
* BabyBjorn Bouncer Balance Soft
* Phil&Teds Lobster Clip-On Highchair
* puj Flyte
* b.box Essential Snack Pack
* Content & Calm Traykit
* Snazzy Baby 4-in-1 Land & Water Carrier
* Star Kids Snack and Play Travel Tray
* Yummi Pouch
* b.box Essential Travel Bib
The post 3 new travel products for parents who have somewhere to go appeared first on BabyCenter Blog.