posted in Products & Prizes
I think Valentine’s Day is dumb but my kids think it’s awesome. Their love of all things L.O.V.E. has rubbed off on me and I’m excited to celebrate love with them this year.
My oldest even helped make these rockin’ Valentine’s Day cards for his class.
I’m also equally excited for my cliché Valentine’s Day date night with my hubby. We haven’t been out alone together in two months. Woah. I can’t wait.
Raffi, age 5, has already told me his plan of waking me up with kisses. So sweet.
Alessandra, our wild middle child, has decided that she will be nice to her big brother for THE WHOLE DAY on Valentine’s Day. Let’s she if she can do it. Valentina, not even age 2, will surely follow the older two’s lead of loving the day.
Anyway, I think spending money for Valentine’s Day is silly and I’m no Pinterest-mom but I’m sucked in this year.
Here are some free Valentine’s Day surprise ideas for your kids:
* Write a cute note on a napkin for your child’s lunchbox. Your kid will love to find a surprise come lunchtime at school!
* Make a pink smoothie! 1 cup milk, handful of frozen strawberries, one banana and 6 ice cubes. You’ll have a delicious pink smoothie to enjoy!
* Cut any food into a heart shape. This one is so easy and only takes a few seconds. I made heart grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch today, and while they weren’t Pinterest-worthy the kids thought they were the bomb.
Here are some Valentine’s Day surprise ideas for your kids under $5:
* Crayola “My Color Is” coloring pack (Target in stores only, $4.99)
For $4.99 you get a few different pink coloring utensils. At my Target they had these in red, pink and blue. I got the pink one for my pink-loving girl and made a yellow one myself for my oldest by picking a crayon, coloring pencil, highlighter, marker, etc. from my stash and putting them in a bag together. So fun!
* Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar (Lush, $7.95)
Bubble bars are the siblings of bath bombs. You can pull of a little piece of unicorn horn at a time to drop into your bath for a relaxing, bubbly, magical bubble bath. These seem expensive at $7.95 each, but they last several baths for us.
* Llama Llama I Love You board book (Amazon, $4.47)
You can’t ever go wrong with a book. This one from the Llama, Llama series leave you feeling warm and snuggly.
Whether you’re a Valentine’s Grinch like me or a veritable Cupid, this is your friendly reminder that Valentine’s Day is coming! Have fun and celebrate love.
How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?
The post 6 last-minute Valentine’s Day surprises for your kids appeared first on BabyCenter Blog.